Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Getting over there

I want to start my first blogging experience by saying thank you to everyone who has been praying for me and who have donated! Every little bit helps and I am so grateful for all of the support! My 'church' family is trully a blessing to me! On Sunday when the elders prayed for me that meant a lot! And I was trully moved by the love.

 My plane left Saturday at 4 20ish. Which means I was at the airport, oh probably around 2 something! So a long wait for me! But that is ok I passed the time reading and going to meet my dad to get the credit card that I forgot!!! YIKES

The first plane landed in Germany it is 10 hours. Then a layover for a day! Which surprisingly is not the longest plane ride I have ever been on! The next is to Ghana a 6hr and 30 min flight. Where the family I will be staying with will pick me up and drive to Togo, which is 10 of hours away!! So we stayed the night at a mission house and got up early this morning and drove....

I am doing this blog so that my family and friends can see what all I am up to over there in Togo. Since, the cost of calling someone is around 5 dollars a minute!!!!! That is insane to me! I could not get a international plan to where I am going, so it is extremely expensive! ( at least that is what my mom has told me. haha)

So I guess I will leave yall with this information about the first leg of my trip! I will hopefully get to updating as soon as i can! Until then, thank you so much for your prayers! It means the world to me! :)

In Him,
Abbie

No comments:

Post a Comment