Thursday, July 16, 2009

Connections

It is truly amazing to me how small of a world this is. So you know that I got connected to the Kennels through our friends the Branch's. However what I have found out on this trip is that there are other people we know in common. Weird! 
The Kennel's home church is located in Denton, Tx. For those of you who don't know, that is where I live during the school year. The church is just down the road from The Village, a church I plan on visiting. It blows my mind that I can come to Africa and talk about Fuzzy Tacos and people know what I am talking about. 
I plan on taking a job in an middle/ elementary school up in Denton to work with at-risk kids. My bible study leader is getting my involved and will be my boss. Well her co worker and the Kennels are actually really good friends! I asked her about it and she knows who I am talking about. Mark said that he would put in a good word for me with the their friend and hopefully will up my chances at getting the job! 
 I just think this opportunity is helping me in so many ways. And I am truly blessed for the chance of being here.
Thank you for keeping me in your prayers! 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for keeping us posted on your experiences. Praying for you daily.

    ReplyDelete